PhD student in life sciences or biotechnology (m/f/d)
Currently, we are recruiting a PhD Student (TV-H E13, 65%) to study the role of the microbiome in patients with Gastrointestinal Cancers within the FCI Clinical Translation Program ”Gastrointestinal Tumors” in the group of PD Dr. Melek Canan Arkan at the Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy, Georg-Speyer-Haus.
Read more about the research area of PD Dr. Melek Canan Arkan on our website.
In a joint research effort between the Department of Radio-Oncology at the University Hospital of the Goethe University Frankfurt and the Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy, Georg-Speyer-Haus, this project will focus on identifying and targeting host-microbiome interactions in GI-Cancers, which will significantly contribute to the translational research within the framework of the FCI Clinical Translation Program “Gastrointestinal Tumors”. Candidates with a keen interest to become a member of a vibrant and interdisciplinary team and to work in translational cancer research as well as in learning and applying state-of-the-art technologies that will involve application and integration of multiple omics techniques, immunohistochemistry and tissue engineering to facilitate the development of individual-based therapies are welcome to apply.
- BSc or MSc. degree in life sciences or biotechnology
- Previous expertise in cancer or microbiome research or tissue engineering
- High level of motivation, communication and learning skills
- Ability to work in a team
- An excellent basic research linked to translational aspects
- A strong interdisciplinary team
- Development of a scientific profile
- Integration into structures at the FCI
- Participation in further training and qualification programs
- Access to scientific infrastructure
- Support in methodological developments and full guidance
- An outstanding international scientific environment
- Friendly and a sincere atmosphere with our team of scientists
- Flexible working hours as part of the good work-and-family life balance
- A motivating environment for co-involvement in scientific projects and publications
- A salary in accordance with the agreement for the public service of the state of Hesse (E13, 65%) with all the usual social benefits, which is available for 3 years with the option for extension
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com with a letter of interest, CV, publication list, names of three references and certificates.
Our international working environment promotes equal opportunities for all staff regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments under criteria of scientific excellence. Applications from women are explicitly welcome. Disabled individuals will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
We support your work-life balance through our deep commitment to a flexible work schedule or for the best possible options to balance your professional & family needs. Generally, you have the opportunity to work part-time. The specific details of part-time work, e.g. the on-site schedule, will of course be defined in accordance with the individual business requirements. We embrace a culture of treating people of both gender, sexual orientation, religion and origin with respect. We continuously strive to increase the number of women employees and explicitly promote the application of women. We welcome applications from severely disabled people in particular. However, we would like to encourage everyone to apply for a position at our research institute. We appreciate your application.