Biology Lab Technician/BTA
A full-time BTA (m/f/d) is available immediately in the lab of Dr. Phillip Grote.
- Molecular genetic testing (PCR, DNA-RNA techniques, standard cloning)
- Assistance in the care, maintenance and breeding of new transgenic animals
- Generation of transgenic mice using various techniques
- Laboratory management
Lab Manager/Research Technician
A full-time/part-time lab manager/research technician position (m/f/d) is available immediately in the lab of PD Dr. M. Canan Arkan.
We are looking for you
- with a completed training as a TA, MTA, BTA or comparable
- who has good communication skills in English and teamwork spirit
- who has prior experience with mouse handling and 3D cell culture of mammalian cells
- who may have experience with capillary electrophoresis, sequencing (a big plus but further training in experimental procedures will be provided to qualified candidates)
- who can assist laboratory members with experimental procedures, support with sample collection, participate in the optimization of technologies, introduce and instruct new personnel to the technologies of our laboratory
- who can manage responsibilities including general laboratory organization and maintenance (ordering, record keeping, regulatory compliance)
We are offering you
- a friendly and sincere atmosphere with our team of scientists in our laboratory
- flexible working hours as part of the good work-and-family-life balance
- a motivating environment for involvement in scientific experiments and publications
- a salary in accordance with the agreement for the public service of the state of Hesse (E2-E9) with all the usual social benefits
Laboratory Manager/Research Technician
A full-time lab manager/research technician position (m/f/d) is available immediately in Dr. Hind Medyouf’s laboratory. The main interest of the lab is to explore and exploit the role of the tumor microenvironment in cancer.
- The primary responsibility of the position is to assist lab members with experimental procedures including animal work.
- Hence prior experience with mouse handling, flow cytometry and cell culture of mammalian cells will be a plus, but rigorous training in experimental procedures will be provided to qualified candidates.
- The position also comes with management responsibilities including general laboratory organization and maintenance (ordering, record keeping, regulatory compliance, etc).
- The language used in our laboratory is English, therefore a good working knowledge of English is essential.
- Our philosophy is to promote the career development of all our team members through seminars, courses, and regular scientific discussions.
- As a research technician you will take part in those activities, will closely interact with scientists in the group and be actively involved in research projects.
See also research department of Dr. Medyouf.
We support your work-life balance through our deep commitment to a flexible work schedule or for the best possible options to balance your professional & family needs. Generally, you have the opportunity to work part-time. The specific details of part-time work, e.g. the on-site schedule, will of course be defined in accordance with the individual business requirements. We embrace a culture of treating people of both gender, sexual orientation, religion and origin with respect. We continuously strive to increase the number of women employees and explicitly promote the application of women. We welcome applications from severely disabled people in particular. However, we would like to encourage everyone to apply for a position at our research institute.
Please send your detailed application with a cover letter in English and the names of 2 references to:
60596 Frankfurt am Main