Dr. Madina Karimova
Transgenic Core Facility (TCF) provides a centralized resource and state-of-the-art platform for the production of mouse models and precise genome editing technologies to be used as models to understand human diseases. This can be achieved by straight or conditional gene knockout, gene knock-in and point mutations, humanized mouse models. For mouse model generation we use injection of DNA and CRISPR/Cas9 reagents (mRNA, RNP) into the pronucleus of mouse oocytes, injection of modified mES cells into blastocysts and aggregation of embryonic stem cells into mouse embryos.
TCF is a central service unit for all working groups of the GSH as well as external research groups.
• Pronuclear injection (CRISPR/Cas9, plasmids)
• Blastocyst injection of targeted mES cells
• Cleaning by embryo transfers
• Protocols, advice and support for transgenic strategies, targeting and CRISPR construct design, design of mouse genotyping strategies
• CRISPR/Cas9, Cre/loxP and site-specific recombination, recombineering: reagents and project-based development