Post-Doctoral Position in Tumor Biology focusing on Tumor Microenvironment of Colorectal Cancer (m/f/d)
The Georg-Speyer-Haus – Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy in Frankfurt am Main is an academic non-profit research institute supported by the Federal Ministry of Health and the Ministry for Sciences and Arts of the State of Hessen. The institute is dedicated to basic and translational cancer research in the context of the tumor microenvironment and closely cooperates with the Goethe University Frankfurt and the Frankfurt University Hospital. It provides access to a broad variety of core facilities and an excellent scientific environment.
A Post-Doctoral position (TV-H E13) is available immediately in the group of Florian Greten at the Georg-Speyer-Haus – Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy in Frankfurt am Main.
Our group focuses on various aspects of the inflammatory tumor microenvironment (TME) of colorectal cancer (Schmitt & Greten, Nat. Rev. Immunol., 2021) striving to develop therapies targeting stromal cells that will improve standard-of-care therapy (Nicolas et al., Cancer Cell, 2022) or enabling immunotherapy of microsatellite stable tumors (Denk et al., Immunity, 2022). We are looking for highly motivated candidates with an excellent track record and a strong interest in pursuing an academic career in translational oncology. The project aims to identify cellular and molecular mechanisms in the TME suppressing T cell immunity during therapy and to develop concepts that will improve immunotherapies employing state-of-the art preclinical models. Candidates for these positions should have a strong background in tumor biology and immunology and should ideally have experience with mouse models.
Read more about research area of Prof. Dr. Greten on our website.
- You have completed a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in life sciences.
- You provide two academic references.
- The quality of your research is proven by publications in excellent peer-reviewed publications, funding track record and high-profile international collaborations.
- International research experience is considered as an important advantage.
- You possess organizational skills and have a cooperative attitude and leadership skills.
- Your spoken and written English is excellent. German skills are a plus.
- We offer an interesting and highly autonomous field of responsibilities.
- You will work closely with our team of researchers.
- The position is initially limited for 2 years. An extension is planned.
- The salary is according to TV-H with all social benefits of the public service.
- As part of the work-life balance, we offer you a great variety of opportunities, such as flexible working hours and help with balancing your career and family.
Please send your application as a single PDF containing a cover letter, a CV and two letters of recommendation by e-mail to:
60596 Frankfurt am Main
Our international working environment promotes equal opportunities for men and women, regardless of their nationality, age, race, religion and beliefs, disability and sexual orientation, under criteria of scientific excellence.