22nd German Future Award goes to the project Protection in the Absence of an Immune System – the Life-Saving Innovation against Dangerous Viruses
| Prof. Dr. Helga Rübsamen-Schaeff, the director of Georg-Speyer-Haus from 1987-1993, together with Dr. Holger Zimmermann, received the German Zukunftspreis 2018 for their contribution to the company AiCuris AG, Wuppertal, founded by her. Rübsamen-Schaeff and Zimmermann succeeded in developing and marketing an innovative medication against a virus that causes severe infections, especially in immunosuppressed individuals, e. g. after bone marrow transplantation. Many congratulations to our previous director and wishing her continued best research results.
Since 1997, the German Zukunftspreis – the German President’s Award for Technology and Innovation – has been awarded annually to scientists and engineers whose innovative ideas and products help to make the German economy more sustainable or to exploit the opportunities of digitization. More information can be found on the website of the German Zukunftspreis.
Further press releases
- Press portal comments: New pharma star at traditional location
- Bundespräsident Steinmeier presents the German Zukunftspreis 2018
- Stifterverband comments: The life-saving innovation against dangerous viruses
- AiCuris comments: Prof. Rübsamen-Schaeff receives honorary award of the NRW Innovation Award 2019
- wissenschaft.de headlines: Helga Rübsamen-Waigmann admired and feared
- Read the interview with Goethe University from July 6, 2020