International ITN INTERCEP-MDS PhD at Georg-Speyer-Haus will be supervised by Dr. Hind Medyouf. Apply Now for international PhD fellowship at GSH at INTERCEPT-MDS site! Exploiting 3D organotypic niche models to dissect the cellular crosstalk between niche and haematopoietic stem cell/progenitors (HSPCs) in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). The PhD candidate at Medyouf´s research lab will use fully humanized 3D organotypic bone marrow niche models as a complementary approach to patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models to explore niche dependencies in MDS and perform screens that aim to identify druggable modules that promote the fitness and progressive clonal dominance of malignant clones.
- Application DL Feb, 23
- ESD Jul – Oct 2021
- DUR 36mth, i.e. 3y full-time contract
- PhD programme (e.g. research & innovative multidisciplinary & multisectoral training within research environment, 3mth Leiden GenomeScan B.V. (The Netherlands) & 2mth University of Bergen (Norway))
- Read more APPLICATION PROCESS and TIMELINE
- Enlarged professional network & improved future scientific career perspective in academia & the private sector
Laboratory Manager/Research Technician Position
A full-time lab manager/research technician position is available immediately. The main interest of the lab is to explore and exploit the role of the tumor microenvironment in cancer.
- The primary responsibility of the position is to assist lab members with experimental procedures including animal work.
- Hence prior experience with mouse handling, flow cytometry and cell culture of mammalian cells will be a plus, but rigorous training in experimental procedures will be provided to qualified candidates.
- The position also comes with management responsibilities including general laboratory organization and maintenance (ordering, record keeping, regulatory compliance, etc).
- The language used in our laboratory is English, therefore a good working knowledge of English is essential.
- Our philosophy is to promote the career development of all our team members through seminars, courses, and regular scientific discussions.
- As a research technician you will take part in those activities, will closely interact with scientists in the group and be actively involved in research projects.
Please submit your application in english including a statement of interest and names of 2 references to:
60596 Frankfurt am Main